A highly disciplined, strategic, and empathetic UX designer with experience facilitating customer engagements, spearheading UX efforts for a variety of customers, and providing design guidance to peers.
- Strong systems thinker – Understand how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems.
- User focused – Give extensive attention to the the needs, wants, and limitationsof users.
- Strategic – Apply a deep understanding of design thinking with proven experience in aligning it to real business challenges.
GE DIGITAL – San Ramon, CA
Staff UX Interaction Designer, October 2017 – Present
- Lead data visualization and data grid advanced filtering design with an organized agile approach.
- Facilitate key design workshop sessions in clarifying goals and synthesizing findings.
- Develop new guidelines for the Cirrus design system to help drive quality and consistency of GE experiences.
- Manage and lead the collaboration of colleagues by evangelizing the use of design thinking techniques.
- Mentor junior designers by advising foundational techniques for visual design, sharing my career experience, and providing constructive critique.
- Volunteered and led activities for the #CodeLikeAGirl event.
GE DIGITAL – San Ramon, CA
Senior Software Visual Designer, January 2016 – September 2017
- Facilitated 6 workouts for 5 customers. This included leading engagements with business stakeholders, SMEs, and product owners to frame problems and prioritize project steps.
- Redesigned Pitney Bowes Operations Optimization to follow the concurrent Predix-based design system and help unify the Predix product portfolio.
- Interviewed multiple PB customers by preparing scripts, visuals and direction for team members, and then quickly turned research into design direction.
- Mentored & led junior designers.
- Led and organized group critiques to collaborate with other team members and to collect feedback to improve and share current work.
- Fostered effective cross-functional teamwork by building relationships with other designers on various product teams, developers, data scientists, product managers, international foundry members, and the sales team.
CHARLES SCHWAB – San Francisco, CA
Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), October 2014 – April 2015
- Launched Schwab Intelligent Portfolios, an industry-breakthrough product that offers an automated investment “robo-advisor” service.
- Led the visual design extension for responsive web and native apps.
- Articulated and defended design ideas persuasively and concisely to members of the project team including developers, product managers, and business owners.
- Created visual design specifications and documentation that provided detailed instructions for distributed engineering teams regarding typography, spacing, color.
GREAT SCHOOLS – Oakland, CA
Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), July 2014 – October 2014
- Organized and led brand strategy workshops with internal stakeholders.
- Designed multiple concept variations of web patterns and components to explore how different treatments meet the GreatKids/GreatSchools brand and experience goals.
ARCTOUCH – San Francisco, CA
Creative Director + Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), November 2013 – July 2014
- Defined the service experience and product strategy for a MVP mobile app.
- Led workshops, meetings, and collaborative design sessions; created service design maps; wrote scripts for and conducted user testing; developed visual language and interaction concepts; executed high-definition screen comps; delivered design guidance to engineers for Xamarin development.
- Created and owned a Keynote document to facilitate a collective understanding of business and user experience benefits for stakeholders.
INQ MOBILE – San Francisco, CA
Creative Director + Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), July 2012 – January 2013
- Collaborated with the entire company to create personas, define design principles, craft a product definition, and sketch possible product design solutions.
- Developed multiple design concepts, refined to produce an engaging design, and user tested.
- Worked in sprints with the team to create a working Android prototype.
SEQUENCE – San Francisco, CA
Creative Director + Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), November 2011 – December 2015
- Led visual design projects for BestBuy and Intuit from concept to completion in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Synthesized input from multiple stakeholders and advised on next steps.
- Communicated conceptual ideas and design rationale to clients.
- Managed and provided creative direction to a team of designers in regular design standups and reviews.
CISCO SYSTEMS – San Francisco, CA
Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), August 2011 – November 2011
- Led the Android design team by identifying and prioritizing custom versus native components and patterns while balancing graceful degradation.
- Extended Cisco’s new visual design system to align and scale across different platforms, languages, and media.
HOT STUDIO – San Francisco, CA
Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), August 2010 – November 2010
- Developed visual language and brand identity systems that explored multiple solution approaches to brand and experience values.
- Designed and implemented visual design system standards for Salesforce and Games, a division of the Game Show Network.
PUNCHCUT – San Francisco, CA
Visual Experience Design Lead (Freelance), January 2010 – July 2011
- Explored and developed visual language studies that explore multiple approaches to the overall aesthetic of products and projects.
SALT BRANDING – San Francisco, CA
Senior Graphic Designer, June 2004 – July 2009
- Led strategic design projects and created distinct visual language solutions for leading world-class brands, including Microsoft, Polycom, Disney.
Additional Agency + In-house Experience:
Including both full time positions, freelance and internships
RFI Studios, Addison, TrueBrand, Cloud Gehshan Associates, Luxon Carrá, Deskey
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Design Leadership
- UX Visual & Interaction Design
- Service Design
- Product Strategy
- Native Mobile Apps
- Responsive Web
- User Testing
- Branding Best Practices
University of Cincinnati
BS, Graphic Design
College of Design, Architecture, Art & Planning